The Hague Beach stadium Scheveningen, Strandweg 4.
Massage, clothes, canvas painting, meditation, a full moon glow in the dark party and more!
All kind of known and new yoga styles, in a modern way.
Larissa BrinkHatha & Aerial
Interested in yoga because of the tranquillity and awareness Larissa started an aerial yoga teacher training in 2015. This is where here path towards becoming a yoga teacher started. Yoga for her is, next to the physical strain and relaxing, a means of creating some time for herself. Being embodied en being more aware of challenges and possibilities, makes that one knows oneself better. Physical as well as spiritual.
Meanwhile her path led her to choosing a more in depth and intensive yoga course. She still learns every single day. If she has practised yoga, she feels grounded, calm and in the present. From this position she can make better choices during the rest of the day, thus creating a more natural balance between work and private situations.
Yoga teaches you to swing back and forth on the rhythms of life, from a stable base. That stable base is you! And by practising yoga, by means of stillness, you can fortify that base. On the festival Larissa will teach you to swing on the rhythms of life, in a sportive and playfull way!
Iris AnuenueVinyasa and Dragon yoga
Iris brings yoga into all aspects of her life. She has a background in psychology, but learned through yoga the inseparably connection between body and mind ánd how yoga can help you to understand the language of your body. In her classes she focuses on breath, alignment and mindfulness. Which helps the release of blockages and creating space in your mind and body.
On a trip to Hawaii in 2016 Iris experienced the special energy of those islands. That was the moment she decided to start living her passion. Since then she returned three more times.
During the Yoga Beach festival you’ll experience in Iris’ class the ‘Spirit of Aloha’. Rainbow colours, tropical music, the sight of the ocean and the flow of movements in this playful Vinyasa style class at the Dutch beach will bring you in a ‘Hawaiian state of mind’.
Marco creates an environment of trust, excitement and playfulness. Out from his background in coaching, improvisation theatre and Capoeira, he teaches you to explore movement and working together. Focused on discovering your own way to raise your self confidence and have fun while doing this.
Playing airplane together. A great work-out, good for a strong ‘core’ and ‘back’. And a challenge in touch, trust and teamwork. In 2014 Marco discovers that acroyoga was his kind of yoga, which he shares with everyone. In 2018 he became a teacher in Barcelona.
On the Festival you will experience how it is to be lifted by the base. From there take on all kinds of different dynamic and acrobatic positions. It doesn’t matter at all if you don’t have any specific background. Acroyoga is not how strong or flexible you are. It is a challenge in trust and allowing someone else to work with you.
Omayma WildiersYin and Supyoga
Omayma was born and raised in The Hague Centre. She came into contact with yoga when she was looking for a physical distraction in a period when she was struggling with many negative emotions and thoughts.
Movement and dance have always been a positive outlet for her to deal with this and within the same period of time a new yoga school had opened around the corner of her home, introducing her to different forms of yoga. The yoga classes helped her discover stillness despite the mental and emotional chaos and external circumstances. Following this, she followed two 8-weeks Mindfulness courses and decided to start the a 1-year hatha yoga teacher training in The Hague with the intention to deepen her personal development.
In her classes she integrates Hatha and Yin postures, which means that they are held for a few seconds to 3 minutes. Her lessons consist mainly of sitting and lying postures with the intention to ground and sink from the head into the heart and belly. The focus here is on breathing, surrendering and stillness.
At the festival she will be teaching Yin Yoga on an SUP (stand-up paddling) board on the water! The combination of stretching, yoga postures and keeping your balance are a very good workout for the body. In addition, you’ll feel every displacement of your weight much more accurately because you are on the water. The perfect workout for your body and mind!
Benjamin DijkhuizenGentle Hatha yoga
Benjamin was born in the Dutch city of cheese, Gouda. He grew up in the Achterhoek, the very East of the Netherlands. After wandering around during his studies in France he settled in The Hague in 2001.
As a child it was impossible for him to sit still. Although he was always moving, sports weren’t his cup of tea. Growing older he became a passionate dancer with a longing for a peaceful mind.
In 2008 Benjamin made his first steps on a yoga mat, after the advice of a friend. He was sold immediately. This was the answer to the question he didn’t realize he had.
In The Hague Benjamin applied for a 3 year Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. As well as for a Kids Yoga Teacher Training. Sitting still never became an option and therefor his yoga classes are all about movement. Soft in motion he guides you on a journey. Like a meditative ‘dance’ flowing from pose to pose, to find the unified power of the body, the breath and the mind.
During the festival Benjamin guides you through a Gentle Hatha Yoga class. A class that focuses on the elements Earth, Water and Air. You will learn to stand with both feet on the ground, to explore your strengths and to be as free as a bird.
Esther VerloopPower yoga and classic mat pilates
Esther first encountered the philosophy of yoga in her teens because of a difficult home situation. She decided to get rid of all emotional baggage in her body and started her yoga path to ‘enlightenment’. At that time she didn’t know that this would be yoga yet.
Esther has practiced many different sports throughout her life. During (and unconsciously long before) her competitive ballroom career, Esther was missing the conscious connection between body and mind. From this loss she came in contact with power yoga and classic mat pilates. Two styles that are close to the sports mentality in terms of the physical approach, but which focus on the connection between body and mind. She is educated in classical mat pilates and yang yoga, with a focus on power yoga.
At the festival Esther takes you into the powerful and dynamic form of power yoga. We will practice vinyasa cycles and a series of powerful postures that are all performed on the rhythm of the breath for a strong and healthy body.
Ivana AnaviHatha, Vinyasa and bootcamp-yoga
As a teenager, Ivana discovered yoga when she worked as a nurse for the Red Cross. Because of yoga she learned that her dharma (life focus) is creativity and helping others. She has a delightful view of life and loves to share her gift on an energetic level. She combines this with the presence of healing and compassion. She sees yoga as a therapeutic and healing method, self massage, and a interview with inner self. The essence of taking good care of yourself and others. Her philosophy comes from her gypsy roots and Taoism.
Ivana is passionate about sharing her love for Yoga and teaching with an authentic approach. She loves flows with dynamic movement but also gentle inner rhythms. She will never repeat the same class twice. She works with the elements, chakras, dance and art. Within her teaching she aims to teach her students to step out of the comfort zone. In her practice, she focuses on the core, balance and coordination. To improve flexibility, strength, but also to share what we learn from the obstacles in life.
At the festival, she will take you with her, to mainly have fun and a good time. As the festival takes place at the beach, she will take you with her as if you are on a retreat! She will teach you to flow from movement into another movement. To experience the modern aspects of yoga and helping you to experience a spinal flow. To bring you a proper workout, she will engage bootcamp-yoga styles in her practice.
Fí de WitPranayama and Nidra yoga
Fi is a Yogi, Dancer and Visual artist, born and Raised in The Hague, The Netherlands. Deeply intrigued by emotions and how they manifest in our bodies, Fi acquired her certification in RYT 200 hours yoga teacher training in Hatha & Ashtanga Vinyasa in Rishikesh, India & RYT 30 hours Yoga Teacher training in Yin in Krakow, Poland.
Whilst on her travels around the world Fi has learned, discovered diverse knowledge and techniques in the body/mind realm. Fascinated by the traditional eastern philosophy, Fi finds new innovative ways to incorporate this ancient wisdom into our modern-day western culture.
Educated in creative arts therapy, and currently studying Chinese Medicine, it is her aim to enrich the lives of those she works with through cultivating body and mind awareness. Fi teaches diverse styles of yoga, workshops and therapeutic sessions to adults, adolescents and kids.
Fi will be teaching Pranayama Yoga & Yoga Nidra at the festival. These forms of yoga focus on cultivating the awareness of our breath and mind-body connection. This softer side of yoga practice works deeply into the body, creating space in ones mind and body, and leaving one feeling focused, calm and relaxed.
Lana DonseHatha, Yin-Yang and therapeutic yoga
Lana is passionate about sharing the wisdom of yoga with you. In her experience, yoga is all about finding balance and discovering yourself. She got in touch with yoga in her teenage years, initially as a physical practice that she felt made her move with more awareness in her body. Gradually, she also discovered how yoga affected her at the mental level. She learned about yoga philosophy when she traveled through India and Nepal, where a whole new world opened up for her. Yoga has become a way of living in which she can find balance, love and freedom.
Her yoga classes consist of an integrated practice of breathing, movement and mindset. You move into a gently challenging flow with mindful awareness, and is open to any level. Individual adjustments are always possible, as Lana’s aim is to guide all yogis in their personal process. She will encourage you to listen to your body and heart and to do what helps you to find balance.
At the festival, Lana will be giving a workshop on yoga therapy. Yoga therapy is about self-care, which you can find through awareness of your own patterns and developing a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Do you want to discover how yoga therapy may help you? Feel welcome to join!
Nuri AkyolHatha yoga
For me, yoga is learning to be in the ‘here and now’. For me, yoga is learning to breathe consciously. Yoga gives me peace of mind and body so that I can increasingly live from my heart. Yoga teaches me to ‘be’. There is no better gift I can give myself. Come and experience what yoga can mean for you.
As a resident DJ of Odessa Amsterdam, Ras Sjamaan takes ecstatic dancers on a musical journey every week. This DJ and producer has developed multidimensionally in 10 years in the Amsterdam house, reggae, dancehall and afro scene with parties, festivals and radio. Ras Sjamaan always stays true to the underground sound: the experimental tracks, the deep grooves, the tropical sounds, the African drums, the feeling of primal and tribal, sexy and sultry, energetic and relaxed, emotional and spiritual it all comes together in the sets of this DJ.
Because of his many travels and performances in Africa, the tropical heat radiates from his sets. The locations where Ras Sjamaan plays in Amsterdam are always beautiful, unique places where magic is created such as: Ruigoord, OT301, Paradiso, Melkweg, Odessa and have shaped this DJ into a real musical innovator. His afro, tribal, deep house mixes on youtube have been played millions of times. When this DJ is playing the dance floor will be enchanted and you will be forced to dance. Let this shaman make contact with the spirit world and put you in a trance, get ready for an unforgettable journey!
You will see it more and more: practicing yoga surrounded by nature. Especially during the summer and in and around cities you see yoga classing in parks popping up all […]
For Thank God it’s Yoga Festival 2019 Iris and Jolein interviewd eachother. Iris is a yoga teacher and will offer Hawaiian Vinyasa and a Dragon yoga class during the festival. […]
For Thank God it’s Yoga Festival 2019 Iris and Tessa interviewed each other. Iris is a yoga teacher and will offer Hawaiian Vinyasa and a Dragon yoga class during the […]
- We describe the festival as a low profile, modern and for everyone available festival. Although the topic is about yoga, the festival is not about yoga (entirely). The festival is totally about bringing one or two days together with awesome people, in a great atmosphere on the beach. We will describe this festival as "created by committed people" who are keen to share a healthy lifestyle out from the practice of yoga. With of course a full moon party.
We've been working on this festival with a highly committed team for months. This festival is our first two days edition, at this location. On the festival we work with karma yogi volunteers, who will receive you at the festival with a lot of joy. We don't rely on government funds. We do rely on our cooperating partners, which we select based on, their festivities which fit with the festival.
- Yes, we ask you to take your own yoga mat or towel (or both).
- Our advice: We really like a towel while doing yoga on sand
- We have made a time-table sign, where you can see which lesson will take place at what time, which will be hanged on a central place on the festival. And you can follow the area signs to arrive at the right lesson, on the right time and place. Everything is quite close together to keep the festival intimite.
We did not print any time-table, to try keeping things environment friendly. You could check www.tgiyoga.nl, for the online time-table. If you are lost? Don't worry, just ask the "karma yogi's" at the ticket sale.
- TIP: press on the time-table on the website, to download it in PDF.
- With a festival ticket (2 days) the lessons and the full moon party is included. The day tickets includes the lessons, but not the full moon party.
- How did you created such an affordable ticket price?
- We want to give as many people as possible the possibility to join a our festival, without being broke afterwards. Plus people who buy a ticket in advance, are helping us to organize the festival better to have an idea how many people we can expect in advance.
- By the way, buying your tickets at the door will be more expensive. You can pin and pay with cash at the door.
- It's not possible to sleepover at the festival terrain. But there are a lot of hotels, hostels and Airbnb's in the surrounding. The venue adress; "Strandweg 4, 2586 JK Den Haag".
- Suggestion: Or post a request in the Facebook event for somebody to host you.
- You can only enter the festival with a special wristband. You will receive these upon arrival from one of our Karma yogi's.
- There will be different activities besides yoga. You can buy sustainable yoga pants, get a massage for a small price or receive health advice from a chiropractor. Or just let loose your creativity, to paint on the big canvasses we hanged.
We suggest to don't take valuable stuff with you. There are no faults nor guarded wardrobe.
- This is one of the most exciting things of organizing a festival in the Netherlands. The weather predictions are looking good, which means it's going to be perfect yoga weather. So we don't expect any problems. If it's going to rain, we are going to improvise as every festival does. Which means that we are going to prepare the beach club, to do yoga inside.
- Recommendation: we do suggest you check the weather forecast in advance, to wear the right clothes. And suggest to bring your swimming gear, to have a fresh dive in the sea!
- Sure, on Saturday you arrive at 10.30, to get your wristband. After you received your wristband, you go to the "Nature Paradise area" to participate in the startup meditation with sea-view on 11.00.
When finished with the startup meditation, you go to the "Circle of Life area", to join the welcome ceremony and meet other visitors.
Now you had a fresh start and can participate the yoga lessons that you like to try. Of course after you had a great lunch. And you meanwhile subscribed for the Aerial lessons. What comes next; yoga lesson, lounge pillow, meeting new people, yoga lesson, yoga lesson, drink, bite, check TGIYoga vacations, yoga lesson, checking out sustainable yoga pants and dinner... .
In between 19.30 there will be no lessons, so you could use this time to have some food. After your tummy is full, you lounge some more and get yourself prepared for the full moon Intro at 20.30, at to the "Circle of Life area".
And after the Full Moon intro, the Full Moon party will start from 21.00 in the beach-club. Two amazing dj's will make you dance! To end up with a blast, we will have people with glow in the dark sticks to make you pretty, when it gets dark. The party will end at 01.00, so you are fresh to start a new festival day the next morning.
After a good night sleep, you arrive again at 10.30 on Sunday. If you are a festival visitor, you already have your wristband, and go to the "Nature Paradise area" to participate in the startup meditation with sea-view at 11.00.
When finished with the startup meditation, you have some time to wake up and meet new people, until the lessons starts from 12.30. Meanwhile having a great lunch, you prepare yourself to check which lessons you like to participate. Plus subscribing to the Aerial yoga, if you haven't done this the day before.
What comes next; yoga lesson, meeting new people, yoga lesson, lounge pillow, meeting the chiropractor, painting on the big canvas, yoga lesson, drink, bite, yoga lesson and dinner.
Last but not least, the closing ceremony at 19.45. Where we say goodbye to each other in a proper way!
- Yes, we have certain festival house-rules which you will find hanging on the festival itself. But also could read underneath here:
- Dutch legislation on the use of and trade in alcohol and drugs applies to the festival grounds.
- It is forbidden to carry or drink spirits on or around the festival grounds.
- Battle weapons, regional weapons or firearms and similar objects (such as pocket knives, screwdrivers, etc.) are strictly prohibited. All materials, which are seen as such, are immediately seized (returned to the police) and no longer returned. Persons who have battle, regional or firearms with them are handed over to the police.
- Aggression towards the public or the organization is not tolerated.
- Destructive behavior is not tolerated.
- Please dispose of garbage in the designated bins/bags.
- Without permission from the organization it is not permitted to offer goods and/or services, whether or not for a fee, on or around the festival grounds.
- Toilet rooms are only intended for individual use. Making use of these rooms for other reasons is not permitted.
- The organization assumes no liability for any injury or damage to visitors and/ or goods belonging to visitors. This is understood to include theft and lost.
- Photo and film recordings are made during the festival. Upon entering, visitors give the organization instant permission to make these recordings public or to use them for promotional purposes. They can indicate if they do not want this, then this wish will be respected.
- Take neighbors into account when leaving the festival grounds.
- Swimming in surrounding water is entirely at your own risk and own responsibility.
- The use of body paint is at your own risk.